Register for a physically-distanced In-person activity OR for a Virtual Run or Walk on your own! Fifty runners can participate In-person on the evening of Saturday, October 17 on a 5k circuit of Lakeshore Park featuring the Overlook with a view of the Main Lawn and the Tennessee River.
ABOUT DREAM CONNECTION
There are plans for a special event that evening for Dream families, again with proper distancing and health practices in mind. Amidst the Pandemic, there are kids fighting cancer and other life-threatening or chronically debilitating illnesses. We currently have fourteen (14!!!!) kids who are delaying their dream to travel to Disney. So the SuperHeroes of Tennessee need to fundraise so that The Dream Connection will be ready to make these dreams happen as soon as it is healthy to do so. The Dream Connection is an all-volunteer, local children’s charity dedicated to fulfilling the special dreams of children who are faced with life-threatening or chronically debilitating illnesses in East Tennessee.
Meanwhile, keep your self fit and happy. Join us in celebrating our kids and their families!
Our theme continues to be SUPERHEROES for kids and superhero attire is encouraged but not required.
In-person Runners $40 (limit 50); Virtual Runners $30; Virtual Walkers $25; SuperHero Pets $15
- Must be ordered by October 6 at 12 noon.
- Masks (of course!)
- SuperHero Pet Bandanas
Drive-through pickup on Friday, October 16 4p-7p and Saturday, October 17, 8a-12noon, in the parking lot of the Administration Building Hilltop Road.
In-person Runner Bibs will be issued at Race start 5:30-5:50 pm 10/17/20.
Race begins at 6:00 pm
- 1st Overall male and female in the In-person Lakeshore 5k
- Other prizes will be awarded and mailed based on participation
- There will be no awards ceremony.
HOW THE VIRTUAL RUN/WALK WORKS
Between the dates of October 1 and October 17, run or walk the virtual course distance that you chose when you registered. Our event will offer a 1-mile walk/run anywhere virtual event utilizing any 1-mile route that the participant chooses or a 5K walk/run virtual event utilizing any 5K route that the participant chooses. Each choice will allow use of the RaceJoy application from RunSignup to capture and record time and distance or a participant can record their time for any of the “run anywhere” courses using their Garmin, FitBit, or whatever method they choose and manually submit their time. The only requirement for the “run anywhere” events is that the participants complete the walk/run in one session. We will post the time on the RunSignUp and Total Race Solutions site.
Manual results may be posted as follows: Visit the Dream Connection SuperHero 5K & Walk/Run-In Person and Virtual page at https://runsignup.com/Race/TN/Knoxville/DreamConnection5K
- Make sure you are logged in
- Locate the “Results” tab at the top of the menu
- Click the “Submit Virtual Results” button
- Next search for your registration either by first and last name or by email address and date of birth
- Once you have found your registration, select “Submit Virtual Results” and enter your finish time.
RaceJoy utilization for the virtual event is included in the registration fee. Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application. We have also posted those instructions on this page. The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone’s gps capability to record distance and time.
Instructions for RaceJoy utilization for virtual events
- Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy’s prompts and adjust settings as needed
- Virtual Race Day: Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone
- Select the course you are about to do
- Click START MY RACE as you begin your walk/run to start your personal clock
- RaceJoy auto-detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish
- Race Redo for Virtual Events: You have the option to redo a course by clicking the redo button. This is only available for virtual events or on-site events with expanded race dates. Warning: Selecting the redo button will clear previous performance data.